Sunday, July 27, 2008

Son-Day: My Son, My Son...


My Son, My Son by Danny Hahlbohm

Oh my goodness!
Looking for today's Christ art I came across this.
His poor mama.
How her heart must have broke.
I can't even imagine.
Thank you Mary for seeing it through, thank you Mary for loving and raising my savior, my redeemer.
The story has a happy ending, her Son lives, her Son reigns!
But at that moment...oh my...what a price to pay...for mankind...for me.

Father today give Mary a hug and tell her thank you for me. Help me see the sacrifice that was, and is being made for me. Help me see it, and appreciate it.

SonDay blessings to all. Carla

To Ever Live Without Me
CD Title: This Is Who I Am, Jody McBrayer
The choices, even though you knew the lines
You'd have to cross for me
You made them anyway
Voices, as you knelt there in the garden
'Neath the olive tree
You heard me call your name
I cannot pretend to understand it all
But heaven knew the reason you were there
*
Helpless, that's humanity without your saving grace
So misled
Selfless, you could have called ten thousand angels
Down to take your place
But you took mine instead
I cannot pretend to understand it all
But heaven knew the reason you were there
*
It was all about a man
It was all about a cross
It was all about the blood that was shed
so I would not be lost
It was all about the love
That was bigger than a life
It was all about a freedom that was given
through your sacrifice
'Cause you would rather die
than to ever live without me
A greater love has no one than this
That he will lay his life down for his friends

1 comment:

Little GrumpyAngel said...

Truly a very powerful picture.