Monday, September 8, 2008

11thHHMM: Free Plants!!!!

Join more fun here!

(I accidentally deleted my photo of 'before', so imagine seeing a pile of broken off plant pieces:)
I found broken off plant pieces at Walmart garden section.
I gather them off the ground-and take them to the counter and ask for them-I have yet to be told no:)


alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5239610890574167234" />

These are Bolvarin Jew and Pink blooming Kalanchoe

I also asked for a trash box full of beautiful purple Caroline sweet potato vine at a nursery last May, and now (mom and I both) this pot is over-flowing everywhere!
Photobucket
Motto: it never hurts to ask!

10 comments:

Rae said...

Wow! What a fabulous idea! My girls love picking up the silk flower pieces on the floor at Jo-Ann's. They come home and make pretty arrangements with their castoffs.

DP Nguyen said...

That is a great idea, and it all looks so nice!

High Heels and a Sippy Cup said...

My mom does that sometimes too! Great idea. Also thanks for stopping by my blog! :-)

Anonymous said...

I'll have to remember to ask about all the broken pieces I see at the nursery. Thanks for the idea.

Anonymous said...

I never thought of that. They just throw them anyway.

Lisa Cobler said...

Great idea!

Nola said...

So Carla, how did you break off all those leaves without the people at WalMart seeing you? haha
I wish you lived nearby. I've stuck every Kalanchoe leaf that's ever broken into soil, and most of them have rooted. I've got more of them than I can say grace over and would share some with you!

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

Carla, you always have such great tips! I never would have thought to pick up plant droppings at Walmart. Well, at least Walmart is good for something!

kesslerdee said...

I love this idea- thanks for sharing! I can't wait for my next trip to the nursery!

Carla said...

HARHAR Nola! THIS time they were ALREADY broken:) LOL