Tuesday, September 16, 2008

What's your song?

You can go here and learn what song was #1 on your birthday!
Mine is: "Strangers in the night" by Frank Sinatra.
http://www.joshhosler.biz/NumberOneInHistory/SelectMonth.htm

(info taken from Sondra, thanks Sondra!!!)

Here are the lyrics-

"Strangers in the night"

Strangers in the night
Exchanging glances
Wondering in the night
What were the chances
We'd be sharing love
Before the night was through.

Something in your eyes was so inviting,
Something in you smile was so exciting,
Something in my heart,
Told me I must have you.

Strangers in the night,
Two lonely people
We were strangers in the night

Up to the moment
When we said our first hello.
Little did we know
Love was just a glance away,
A warm embracing dance away and -

Ever since that night
We've been together.
Lovers at first sight
In love forever.
It turned out so right,
For strangers in the night.


I can hear ol blue eyes singing it now-looking at his next 'love' victim!

7 comments:

Nola said...

Hey, I got a two-fer, mine was this month in 1976,oops, 1966, oops, 1956! It was Elvis with Don't Be Cruel/Hound Dog!
I looked up the hit for my anniversary, didn't even know it! Boy, am I out of touch, or what? And it doesn't even bother me!

Susan said...

This was fun. Mine 12/25/37 turned out to be "The Dipsy Doodly" by Tommy Dorsey. I do recall Tommy Dorsey but don't ever remember hearing this song.

I also did it for our anniversary 10/4/58 and came up with "It's All In The Game" by Tommy Edwards. I vaguely remember that song name but not the artist. The one I remember from those days was "One Eyed, One Horned, Flying Purple People Eatter". Who could forget a song like that!!!
Susan

Lisa Loo said...

Mine was I Wanna Hold Your Hand--by the Beatles. Funny--I sing the first line of that sone to my kids all the time. That was fun--thanx for finding it and sharing it!

DP Nguyen said...

I don't have a song, but I do like Strangers in the Night. It's a lovely and romantic song. It's too bad frank sinatra had so many lovers, wives..

TJ said...

It's a good song though! My song is Night Fever by the Bee Gees. Which is funny because one of my fav movies The 10th Kingdom, has the trolls rocking out to that song.

Little GrumpyAngel said...

I love Strangers in the Night! Honest! My dad listened to it on the turntable over and over when I was a kid. He's gone now and I miss him, and this post reminded me of something special about my Dad and other good memories of him. Thanks, Carla!

Anonymous said...

What a great song! Mine was The Beatles hit "Hey Jude". :)