Monday, September 1, 2008

11thHHMM: Jelly jars

Join more fun here!






Self explanatory isn't it? For years jelly glasses were our only GLASS glasses. We loved buying them, emptying them, and using them! Then our store started carrying my fav brand of jelly in cool handled jar glasses. We just thought these were to die for! In fact when I gave daughter a set (at her request) for her wedding, teenson had a COW!!! Of course I had kept one back, and we are back to collecting them. One jar of jelly at a time:)
Yes you can go to the dollar store and buy a whole set at once-but what is the fun in that?

Here is our incredible collection of pokemon ('gotta catch 'em all;) jelly jars. We have the whole set of nine (somewhere), and when I decided to get rid of them-the grown kids told me no. So, I guess I'll just keep them, and smile each time I use one!

4 comments:

Nola said...

Oh, that almost makes me cry. I remember my grandmother's house in the early 1960's. We would drink cold sweet iced tea out of her jelly jar glasses from the 40's. They always had such pretty flowers and patterns on them. I still have my favorite, with a big yellow flower!
Then, Welch's began making small ones with the Flintstones on them, but I was young, and so they all ended up broken! What great memories...

Anonymous said...

I have 2 jars w/handles. It is great for my water glass. I measure my water intake w/them.

Lisa Cobler said...

We collected jelly glasses when I was a kid. I think my mom still has all of them. I love a nice cold glass of sweet tea in a jelly glass.

Tamara Jansen said...

That just gave me the sweetest memory jolt.....my youngest son loved Pikachu.....walked around with his little yellow buddy everywhere. Where has the time gone??