Saturday, September 6, 2008

Challenge: Super Sneaky Service Fast Sunday...

Photobucket
The first Sunday of every month is Fast Sunday. World wide the church members are encouraged to fast for private (and sometimes public) needs. (Money saved is donated to help the needy). I teach the 6/7yos. SOME of my angels like to gripe "O Man! Its fast Sunday! No treats!" (and on and on). VERY irritating! So I went to the Lord (He really loves these kids;), and we came up with Super Sneaky Service Fast Sunday!!!!
Photobucket
Its our PAR-TAY DAY! We hear a scripture story (actually the lesson-they don't make the connection) about sneaky service (don't wanna get caught! Being sneaky is fun!) and we play bingo with questions from the story for pennies. The kiddos choose what category on the tithing slip they want the pennies to go into, and then we tally it up.
Photobucket
The lucky scripture reader for the day (this IS a big deal) gets to hand over the envelope full of pennies! (The church clerk thought I had lost my mind! Apparently no one told him what I was up to! He envisioned me sitting at home, filling an envelope with pennies, and randomly marking off categories-heheheheheheee).
Photobucket
Since we started this-I have overheard on more than one occasion "O Man its NOT fast Sunday" THANK YOU GOD!!!! So, I challenge you, do some super sneaky service tomorrow! See how much you can do before you get caught-its fun (AND it has been good for me too;) Don't get caught! If you get caught you have to do some more!
Photobucket
"Kindness is the essence of a celestial life. Kindness is how a Christlike person treats others."--Joseph B. Wirthlin, "The Virtue of Kindness", Liahona May 2005, 26–28
Matthew 22:37–39
37 "Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself."


Photobucket
That said-thank you all for your sweet comments! They make my day!

3 comments:

Lisa Loo said...

What a cool idea! I'm going to share it with my Primary Prez--a great way to get these kids to focus on the right stuff!!

Julie said...

Carla--Thanks for your comments on my post. I got this story from an article in the New Era, Sept. 1992called, "What is the Most Important Word?" Go to LDS. org and type in the name of the article, and you can print it for your FHE. I am sharing it on Monday with my family, as well. I need it as much as they do!! Have a great weekend, and I loved your ideas on for fast Sunday. I serve in the young women's org. in our ward, and I love their testimonies and strength. We are blessed!!! Julie

onlymehere said...

What a fun idea! Thanks for stopping by my pink Saturday! The pink is a big WOW! I am quite reserved in decorating but I must admit I love how it turned and out it has made her so happy to have designed her own room. It was well worth the effort to see her so happy with it!