Thursday, September 11, 2008

Remembering 9/11 today



'MEET ME IN THE STAIRWELL'

You say you will never forget where you were when

you heard the news On September 11, 2001.

Neither will I.

♥♥♥♥

I was on the 110th floor in a smoke filled room

with a man who called his wife to say 'Good-Bye.' I

held his fingers steady as he dialed. I gave him the

peace to say, 'Honey, I am not going to make it, but it

is OK...I am ready to go.'
♥♥♥♥

I was with his wife when he called as she fed

breakfast to their children. I held her up as she

tried to understand his words and as she realized

he wasn't coming home that night.
♥♥♥♥

I was in the stairwell of the 23rd floor when a

woman cried out to Me for help. 'I have been

knocking on the door of your heart for 50 years!' I said.

'Of course I will show you the way home - only

believe in Me now.'
♥♥♥♥

I was at the base of the building with the Priest

ministering to the injured and devastated souls.

I took him home to tend to his Flock in Heaven. He

heard my voice and answered.
♥♥♥♥

I was on all four of those planes, in every seat,

with every prayer. I was with the crew as they

were overtaken. I was in the very hearts of the

believers there, comforting and assuring them that their

faith has saved them.
♥♥♥♥

I was in Texas , Virginia , California, Michigan , Afghanistan .

I was standing next to you when you heard the terrible news.

Did you sense Me?
♥♥♥♥

I want you to know that I saw every face. I knew

every name - though not all know Me. Some met Me

for the first time on the 86th floor.
♥♥♥♥

Some sought Me with their last breath.

Some couldn't hear Me calling to them through the

smoke and flames; 'Come to Me... this way... take

my hand.' Some chose, for the final time, to ignore Me.

But, I was there.

♥♥♥♥

I did not place you in the Tower that day. You

may not know why, but I do. However, if you were

there in that explosive moment in time, would you have

reached for Me?
♥♥♥♥

Sept. 11, 2001, was not the end of the journey

for you. But someday your journey will end. And I

will be there for you as well. Seek Me now while I may

be found. Then, at any moment, you know you are

'ready to go.'
♥♥♥♥

I will be in the stairwell of your final moments.

God

♥♥♥♥


I love my God.

He is my fountain of Life and My Savior.

He Keeps me going day and night.

Without Him, I am no-one.

But with Him, I can do everything.

God is my strength.'



God bless Each of us, now and Forever.
{from Diary of a SAHM-thank you for this post! It says it all}

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful tribute to the victims of September 11, 2001.

Sandra said...

Isn't it beautiful? It just makes me tear up :)

Sorry I didn't get back to you in time, I'm glad you put it up too though, it deserves being mentioned more than once :)

Julie said...

That was so touching--thanks for sharing it. Really, from something so tragic, there was so much good. julie

Little GrumpyAngel said...

Carla, beautiful and very touching. Thanks for sharing. I'm glad I came a-blogging again today. Kind of an emotional day with all the remembrances, but it's good to not forget.

nancy said...

Oh my! This is amazing. I love it.
Nancy