Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Are You Fireproof?


I'm sure you have heard of the new movie staring Kirk Cameron, called 'Fireproof'.
He is a fireman willing to risk his life for strangers, but NOT for his marriage.
It is Christian based, and just beautiful!! My mom, my daughter and I went last night (for a girls night out). I didn't have to worry about anything tacky or vulgar. There wasn't "well that was a great movie, EXCEPT for that ONE part".

This movie is SWEEPING the nation. Made by the same group that made the movie "Facing the Giants", this movie is easy to follow, and VERY entertaining and uplifting!

I'm all for a 'movement' of unifing your marriage in this nation. I'm even MORE for letting God in, and using Jesus' redeeming power to improve your life, where ever you are on the path.

This is the Fireproof movie website

This is (one of) the blogs: Fireproof blog
Quick Media Updates
As FIREPROOF begins its third week in theaters across the nation, the media is still intrigued by the story of a church making a movie that is impacting the box office ... and more importantly, impacted marriages!

As of this moment, FIREPROOF is the lead story on the CNN entertainment home page. It links to this story. In addition Kirk Cameron, who plays Caleb Holt, will be featured on the weekend edition of the syndicated entertainment program Extra. Check your local listings to find the program.

And in a 3-star review for the Roanoke Times & World News, Jeff DeBell writes:

“At just over two hours, Fireproof is a bit long as movies go. But a credible story about building good marriages -- and healing sick ones -- should be worth at least that much of anyone’s time.”
Posted by Fireproof Blog at 3:12 PM 0 comments

Any one, Any where in their life can enjoy this wonderful movie (AND I was VERY suprised what a wonderful actor Kirk Cameron is!!) Go see, and enjoy!!! (and by the way, NO ONE is guareenteed a fire-free life!)

11 comments:

Rhonda said...

I'm also impressed with Kirk Cameron, he is a very decent person despite being a teen heart throb back in the day !

I haven't seen the movie yet but hope to sooN!

Unknown said...

Glad to read about the movie...the story line especially. Will definitely see it when it comes to my city. Thanks, Carla.

Tammy said...

Great review, Carla! I'm so glad you posted about this incredible movie...
I can't remember if you read my review a week or so ago...but my husband were so impacted, that we bought the Love Dare book and have been going through it together.

And yes, I was impressed with Kirk's acting in this movie...and what a tremendous message of salvation in this film, too!

Hugs,
~Tammy

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen the previews for this movie so thanks for sharing your experience. Sounds like a great family movie.

GranthamLynn said...

I have heard it is a great movie. What fun to have a girls night out like that!
I am putting up More than a Friend again. Hopefully I can get Mr. Linky to work.
Please come by and join us.
Many Blessings,
Sherry

Sondra said...

Our pastor was just talking about this movie on Sunday. I really want to go and see it.

Simply Heart And Home said...

I've been hearing good things about this movie. It isn't showing near me but I will definitely rent it when it comes out.

Gina

Little GrumpyAngel said...

Thanks for the movie tip. I'm always on the look out for wholesome shows the whole family can watch with out worrying when the bad part is going to suddenly pop up.

Betty said...

Carla,
This movie was filmed about an hour's drive from where we live....it is certainly worth going to see. Our church went as a group...in the movie when Kirk Cameron is kissing his movie wife, he's actually kissing his real wife in silhouette....very admirable.....Betty

Zaroga said...

I'm looking forward to seeing this movie... but won't get to until it come out on dvd. I don't do well in movie theater :-)

A lot of the scenes are shot in my home town of Albany... home of the church that produced the movie. So you saw a bit of my part of the country in the movie.

Anonymous said...

I just got back from watching Fireproof... the over all message was solid for sure; how great is it that such a different-flavored movie made it into the regular, big screen!