Thursday, October 23, 2008

ABC's of housekeeping...

Diane at Crafty Passions had this cute ABC's of housekeeping posted, and Nola played along, so I swiped it: !

A ~Aprons--y/n If y, what does your fav. look like?
I have one old white one from working in a commerical kitchen, back in the 1980's, but I don't know where it is, or ever remember to use it. (you blog ladies that do, make me want to also:)

B ~ Baking--Favorite thing to bake?
I like to bake sweets, but I'm trying not to, because I eat to many. :(
So, I'm trying to enjoy baking supper.

C ~ Clothes line?
No, one would come in handy for big things, I hang them on the shower curtain rod or front porch.

D ~ Donuts--Have you ever made them?
When I lived at home, my brother and I were hooked on canned biscuit donuts!!! MMMMM, bad habit there:) I also made them for my kids when they were little.

E ~ Everyday--One homemaking thing you do everyday?
Make my bed, and tidy the house. Makes me happy.

F ~ Freezer--Do you have a separate deep freeze?
Yes, and it is in the kitchen. NOT where I wanted it, but its the only spot, and works well.

G ~ Garbage Disposer?
No, but I must share that hubbydear just re-did our kitchen drains and they no longer leak!!!! Thanks babe! My scraps go to the rabbits or compost pile.

H ~ Handbook--What is your favorite homemaking resource?
Most used, and always handy is my Betty Crocker Cookbook, given to me by my mom when I graduated high school (probably to stop me from swiping hers:), the Better Homes and Gardens cookbook had to be replaced. I'm looking forward to organizing my books for use.

I ~ Ironing--Love it or Hate it? Or hate it but love the results?
Hate to set it up, love the results. My children were very good at ironing their own things, and my daughter enjoys ironing very much. Since the move in May, I don't even know where the iron is:)

J ~ Junk Drawer--y/n? Where is it?
In the bedroom, in a dresser, and living room tv stand. Gotta get to those:)

K ~ Kitchen--color and decorating scheme.
Floor-WHITE vinyl (I won't mind replacing it:), cherry colored cabinets-with brass and white hardware, white appliances, oak table and chairs, REALLY great green scalloped curtains with red and yellow flowers. All this looks great with the light tan/yellow walls. (pre-decorated) So, I guess my colors are red and green.

L ~ Love--what is your favorite part of homemaking?
When things are tidy and I can just enjoy my family. I love the way my home 'feels' with or without others. Dreaming of future additions, and enjoying the now.

M ~ Mop--y/n?
HATE MOPPING! but when I do the floor just GLOWS!!

N ~ Nylons, machine or hand wash?
Knee-hi's, washed with my undies and hung up to dry.

O ~ Oven--do you use the window or open the oven to check?
I open, I always forget the window.

P ~ Pizza--What do you put on yours?
Just about anything, LOVE PAN PIZZA. Working on making our own for special pizza meals!

Q ~ Quiet--What do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment?
Read my blog list!

R ~ Recipe Card Box--y/n? What does it look like?
Somewhere (gotta find that box!) is our family recipes in a index card box. I was in the process of compiling when we moved and look forward to getting it organized and user friendly.

S ~ Style of house--What style is your house
2000's Single Wide "Mobile" Home, tan with black shutters and door (not fond of black-on the 'change list' :)

T ~Tablecloths or Place mats?
Neither

U ~ Under the kitchen sink--organized or toxic wasteland?
it WAS organized, TILL hubby and sons fixed the sink. I'm looking forward to really organizing it now that I don't have to have pots to catch drips in the way:)


V ~ Vacuum--How many times per week?
Living room daily (guys track in all kinds of...trash), rest the house once a week. I love my vacuum cleaner:)


W ~ Wash--How many loads of laundry do you do per week?
Since I just do hubby and myself, one load every other day. Five-ish? When all were at home? three a day to stay caught up:) (have I told you how much I love my washing machine??)


X's--Do you keep a daily list of things to do that you cross off?
Yep, crossing off makes me happy!


Y ~ Yard--y/n? Who does what?
Teenson mows, and weed eats. When he leaves it will be my job. Gardening is my job.


ZZZ's ~ what is your last homemaking task for the day before going to bed?
tidy the kitchen so it will greet me with a smile in the morning!

Now I know my ABC's, how about you do them with me???
{I don't know WHO to ask permission from, SO feel free to copy this and use it yourself. Let me know so I can read yours:}

4 comments:

Grammy said...

Wow You got spam in your comments. Enjoyed your list on your blog. You make me tired just reading about all that work. HE HE HE
Grammy

Julie said...

Fun post!! It was nice to read more about you. Have a great day. Julie

Nola said...

I'm glad to see I am not the only one with junk drawerS (plural). One drawer wouldn't begin to hold all my excess miscellaneous stuff!
So many who are doing the ABC's take time to make their beds, and that amazes me! I probably only make the bed 3 or 4 times a year, and it's only if we're having lots of company and I know people will be traipsing through our bedroom to the bathroom!

Scarlet said...

Thank you for sharing your Show and Tell Friday! Mind if I borrow your ABC's for my own blog? They seem fun!