Saturday, January 24, 2009

Thankful Thursday: 01/22/08 (& My Hubby Rocks on Saturday:)



So much to be thankful for!
...for the sister-in-law who gave Mike Maverick basketball tickets...


...that Mike took his brother Taylor...





...that Mike isn't afraid to be silly...


...that Mike took DJ to the next game AND they won...


...that my boys are still boys...


...for DeeJay staying the night...


...for never ending silliness...


...for purple love...



...that this brother...


...upon hearing about this ...


...was more worried about this...that this, Tay, was driving under the speed limit, and wearing his seat belt, and is ok...


...for kitties sunning...


...for frozen meatloaf (two meals worth)...


...sweet girls I babysit coloring and Mikey filling out job apps...


...for Tay just up and vacuuming...


...for enough to pay the bills, and buy the seeds...


...for my Chico finding a good safe home...


...for my pretty kitties....


...for Heavenly Father painting the winter sky pink...


...For Myspace where my kiddos post their pictures, enabling me to download to my computer...Tiffany and family...


...and LauraJune and David...


...and Aaron...


...and Eric...

Count your many blessings name them one by one...

This week's prompt:
Tell us about a time that your spouse went out of his way to serve you.

When Taylor called to say he was in a car accident on his way home, my sweet hubby dropped everything (including his work schedule) to come home. Meanwhile, he called the police to find out where Tay was, he spoke to the wrecker, and the hospital. He called grandma as back up. The next day he took off, to take Mike around to do the wrecked car stuff. He is such a good father. I'm thankful he is the father of my children! Thanks babe:)

9 comments:

Gail said...

You are truly blessed!

Lorilee said...

Glad to see that Taylor was not seriously injured!
Blessings,
Lorilee

onlymehere said...

I'm so sorry to read about the accident but at least he's okay. My 18-year-old just totalled his car last October. It's a scary thing for a parent to get that call. I take it he was driving his brother's car then? I'm glad his brother worried more about him than the car. What a sweet family you have, husband, kids, and all!

A Friendly Reader Only said...

What wonderful Blessings!! Thanks for sharing. My grandfather used to say that a car accident is never good but it is always good to be able to walk away from a car accident!! Have a great day. :)

The Raggedy Girl said...

What a nice long list of thankfulness. God has blessed and protected. Have a great weekend.
from Roberta Anne

Grammy said...

Glad Tay is ok. I loved all your blessings.

Rachel Ann said...

Thanks for stopping by on my SITS day last week...I feel so loved and overwhelmed with all the comments! Sorry it's taken me so long to respond back!

what a beautiful family you have...glad your son is ok with that accident!

Nola said...

Lucky you! Frozen meals AND a man using a vacuum cleaner, how lucky can you be!

Janet, said...

You sure have a lot to be thankful for. Glad Tay is OK. Chico is so cute!