Friday, January 2, 2009

Camera Critters: Horsing around!



Camera Critters

My BIL invited us over for an early Christmas.
They have a lovely (HUGE) lake house and everything was wonderful!
How great it was to sit and visit with them.
My 'menfolk' saddled up and rode the horses (which haven't been ridden in and while and were touchy) and I had to have a picture of each one...
(by the way-IT WAS FREEZING COLD WITH STRONG WINDS-BRRRRR)
Birthday boy-D (whose future's so bright, he's gotta wear shades)...
 

Tater sporting his brand new coat...
 

Mikey-poo (wearing dad's coat and notice the welding gloves? He looks a little like John Wayne doesn't he?)...
 

And hubby-dear (really what a patient kind dear:), good lookin fella AND get a look at this BEAUTIFUL horse!!
Sonny you da man!
(you can see how big Sonny is if he makes my hubby look small)
 
Posted by Picasa

Thanks to BIL and SIL for having us, for neice and family for coming, and other BIL and SIL! Everything was wonderful!
I'm so thankful for family, and the beauty that surrounds me!!!

12 comments:

Tabitha Blue said...

How fun! What a great way to spend time with family! Happy New Year!!!!

:)
~Tabitha~

freshmommyblog.com

Grammy said...

Wow! What an exciting day. I love all the photos.
I so enjoyed your comment on my post. Thank you big hug.

Gail said...

What a wonderfuld day out! I did not see you on horse...

onlymehere said...

Looks like they had a fun day even if it was freezing! We're supposed to be -10 tomorrow, brrrrrrr! I'm not a fan of the cold. I wish I could live in the spring or the fall forever, not too cold and not too hot!!

Kimmy said...

Awww...thanks so much for the comment love and for stopping by!!!

Beautiful horses!!!!

Melissa said...

Hey there visiting from SITS

I have a tutu giveaway on my boutique blog that I thought u would be interested in! Your granddaughters are so adorable!!

www.thefairytaleboutique.blogspot.com

Good luck!!!

Tammy said...

What a fun time! I hardly ever get to ride horses but when I do, I love it!

Happy New Year to you and your family!

threesidesofcrazy said...

The horses look like they were chomping on the bit to get out of there for a while!!

The Muse said...

i love riding!

A Friendly Reader Only said...

Wonderful pictures - Thanks for stopping by. Looks like everyone was having such a good time the cold weather didn't bother them.
Will be stopping back by!!!

Lisa Cobler said...

What beautiful horses. I just love to ride but hubby won't go near them.

Gail said...

Award awaiting you at my blog.
Thanks, Gail