Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Front bed line up:)

How happy I am to post my finished front bed!! To most it will look like sticks, but I see my babies, my treasures, my friends.
wood betony, rose (in pot), asparagus fern (in pot), asparagus fern (in pot), blue indigo, athela-Diana/tansy/salad barnett, pot of rain lilies and porter weed, autumn joy sedum, pot of tecoma/ single yellow angel trumpet datura/whirling butterfly, spiderwort, small red hibiscus, day lily, Jerusalem sage, BBQ waiting to going to the backyard (ye-ha!!!)

yellow blooming ground cover in iron pot, lil Henry Garnet Virginia Sweetspire, pink Chinese false indigo behind/winter creeper/toad lily/obedient plant, bucket of Greek oregano/taro, wash tub, strawberry grass, ginger

3 dwarf nandinas behind 3 dianthus and 3 happy returns day lily, holly, 3 milk and wine crinium behind 3 purple aster, holly, butterfly bush behind 3 milk and wine crinium,

holly, large nandina, holly, ? waiting on leaves in front of castor and moon plant, crepe myrtle, orange blooming ?, crepe myrtle, mock orange, vitex, Chinese purple fringe

Looking back!!! Grow babies grow:) (can you see the sticks that are actually bushes?)


On last Wednesday, we had the best weather, with actual sunshine!!!
However, I waited too late for my pictures, so I apologize for the shadows.
I can't wait til the back fence is finished, the front yard is cleaned, and the new veg garden is on the way!!!
What's blooming today??? ME!
Happy Bloomin' Tuesday to you all!

15 comments:

Sondra said...

Looks good. I planted a veggie garden a few years and loved it. Just don't have the time now. Are ya'll doing the fence yourself? We have been wanting to do one.

Gail said...

How have you been able to work in the cold?
I must see pictures when everything is green and blooming.
What Bev calls the "bones" look good.

The Raggedy Girl said...

I keep thinking if it really isn't going to snow here for the whole winter I might as well go clean flower beds. Thanks for the nice gardening photos.
Roberta Anne

Chatty Crone said...

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment for me on my Blog.

We do not have the place for a garden where we are at now - but at one house we were in, we had the best garden. It was wonderful - the kids would pick the tomatoes off the vine and eat them fresh.

Unknown said...

you have been busy!!! and i so need to get out and clean out my beds...

onlymehere said...

Wow I'm jealous. I'd love to see some planting going on around here!

Rhonda said...

You are so talented! Once I master whole wheat recipes gallore (and other food storage stuff) I may just venture into gardening so I can use and bottle my own fresh stuff. How great would THAT be?

At least I know who to ask about stuff like mulch and planting season. ha ha

Zaroga said...

Wow! You've been busy. Wish I could work in the beds... but that is going to have to wait.

Dianna said...

Wow! I really want to re-vamp our front flowerbeds this year, but don't think it's going to happen. I'm glad I planted a bunch of bulbs in the fall, at least!

Star Forbis said...

Thanks so much for visiting my Blog and Laughing with me. Come back any time.

Aubrey said...

Oh! I envy green thumbs like you! Will you come over and work on my beds? LOL

Grammy said...

Wow, you have green things and growing thing in your yard. Spring is coming. I cant wait. You are doing wonderful things your garden will be beautiful.

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

You've been so busy! It must be nice to be able to work outside! It's just too darn cold right now (it was 10 this a.m). But soon, we should only and another month of cold weather and then spring will be here.

Manuela

Anonymous said...

The bones of your beds look good. Can't wait till spring when everything is green & new again. Happy Bloomin Tuesday! Thanks for the well wishes for my poor kitty Mooch. :)

Nola said...

Isn't it thrilling to see little nubs poking up, soon to be your old faithful plants back in full force!