Monday, January 5, 2009

Love Dare: The Plan

From the movie "Fire Proof"

My plan!
First I loved this movie, and the idea for spending 40 days to work on the ME part of my marriage.
I did a little of the book when I got it in October,
And then decided to start my new year off with a fresh start!
So, everyday (hopefully) I'll post the 'dare' and results!
My sweet hubby, who doesn't read my blog, has no clue, so lets see how far I can go before he figures something out:)
Too much of this in the last 20 years (justified or not:)
 
Posted by Picasa

{my monkeys knocked this over years ago-and I keep gluing the poor guys head back on:}
DISCLAIMER: Each Challenge is Being Approached With Pray (figure I need some 'higher' help:)
DAY ONE: Love is Patient
"Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love."
Ephesian 4:2 NIV
Challenge: Say nothing bad to spouse
Results: This was easy on this day

DAY TWO: Love is kind
"Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just a God in Christ also has forgiven you."
Ephesians 4:32
Challenge: In addition to saying nothing negative to spouse, do one unexpected gesture as an act of kindness
Results: Turned down his side of the bed, picked up his stuff with out complaining,

DAY THREE: Love is not selfish
"Be devoted to one another in brotherly love; give preference to one another in honor."
Romans 12:10
Challenge: Restraining from negative comments, buy your spouse something
Results: I soaked, washed and hung up all the church shirts and PLAN on buying buttons to replace what my dog chewed off

DAY FOUR: Love is thoughtful
"How precious also are Your thoughts to me...How vast is the sum of them! If I should count them, they would outnumber the sand."
Psalms 139:17-18
Challenge: contact your spouse sometime during the day, ask if there is something you can do for them
Results: (I will be doing this today)

DAY FIVE: Love is not rude
"He who blesses his friend with a loud voice early in the morning, it will be reckoned a curse to him." (UGH!!)
Proverbs 27:14
Challenge: Ask your spouse to ell you three things that cause him to be uncomfortable or irritated with you. You must do so without attacking them or justifying your behavior. This is from their perspective only.
Results: Posted tomorrow




Life A&E Life - Religion A&E - Movies
‘Fireproof’ moviemaker tells of ‘Love Dare’


BY CARLA HINTON
Published: October 11, 2008
Stephen Kendrick co-wrote and produced the feature film "Fireproof” with his brother Alex. The brothers are associate pastors of Sherwood Baptist Church in Albany, Ga., the church whose movie making ministry, Sherwood Pictures, produced the faith-themed movie. The Kendricks also co-wrote "The Love Dare” as part of the plot of "Fireproof.” The book outlines a 40-day challenge to learn and practice unconditional love.
Advertisement

Q: Where did the idea for "The Love Dare” book come from?

A: The idea for "The Love Dare” book came at the same time as the movie plot did. We both prayed for God to lead us to a storyline that would impact the culture. Alex was out jogging one day, and he came back with this idea. I said, "That’s it! We need to make that movie and write that book.” In the movie, a father gives his son the book "The Love Dare” that really changes his thinking.

Q: What kind of response has the book received?

A: Sales-wise, it’s been unbelievable. Broadman and Holman, the book’s publisher, said this is their fastest-selling book. They say it has been selling 5,000 to 10,000 copies a day for the last few weeks. We’ve gotten over 1,000 e-mails from people who have seen the movie and are now getting the book. Q: The book has an interesting warning at the beginning. Can you share a little about that?

A: People tend to flippantly approach sacred things. We want them to approach it (The Love Dare) in the right way. Often, people will try things for a few days and say, "Oh, it’s not working.” In the movie, (main character) Caleb is not approaching it with a serious heart at first.

Q: What is your ultimate goal for "The Love Dare”?

A: We do want to save marriages that are headed for divorce. God’s in the business of resurrecting dead things. I’ve seen God resurrect marriages, and it’s one of the most beautiful things. We want people to know their marriage is worth fighting for.

This is for:

11th Heavens Homemaking Haven for Home Maker Monday

Everyday Elegance for My Favorite Things Monday
Photobucket
AND
As for Me and My House for Making A Happy Home Monday

13 comments:

Rhonda said...

Ok at first I thought that figurine CAME that way..ya know like once your married heads'll roll or something like that?! ha ha

~LL~ said...

THANKS FOR LINKING UP!

That is such a great idea. I hope you are successful. I have to check out the book AND the movie.

Unknown said...

I must get this book!

Sarah said...

okay, I just about fell over laughing when I saw the headless groom...........unfortunately too often true! Love it! :-)

Grammy said...

Ok, I need a book to motivate hubby to change. I am tired of his negative attitude. He is bringing me down to the point of tears. Only one day when we went to see the eagle. But I have to learn to let it go. And forget it. It is the first time in a long time I have felt this way. Like the headless groom. That could have been him sat.
lol. Good luck on your adventure. Big hug. Grammy

Zaroga said...

I'll see the movie when it comes out on dvd.

Lisa Loo said...

Great post! I will be taking notes--hubbyis gone so much but maybe baby steps while he is home.

And I know you are trying to make a really nice point with the headless groom--but that made me fall off my chair laughing! Just--sooo--I don't know--true!!

TJ said...

What a great thing to do! My hubby reads my blog, so I couldn't get away with that at all, at least not posting about it. I definitely should try some of those.

Gail said...

On Day Four, my husband would be asking if I had a boyfriend!

American Homemaker said...

I really want to see that movie. I hear it's great.

AP Mommy said...

Great post! Come check out Tipsy Tuesday and link up a fun tip!

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

Great post. Sounds like a great book and idea. And I can't wait to see that movie!

Samantha said...

I love the movie and can't wait for it to come out on DVD to see it again. The next door neighbors were a hoot! I did the Love Dare also and learned a lot. Good luck and may it bring you and DH closer.