Thursday, January 15, 2009

My Hubby ROCKS! & Love Dare: Day 16


LOVE DARE
DAY 16: Love intercedes
"Beloved, I pray that in all respects you may prosper and be in good health, just as your soul prospers."
3 John 2
CHALLENGE: Begin praying toady for your spouse's heart. Pray for the three specific areas where you desire for God to work in your spouse's live and in your marriage.
RESULTS: hmmmmm, I'm going to enjoy this:)

DAY FIFTEEN: (forgot how you spell fifteen:) Love is honorable
"Live with your wives in an understanding way...and show her honor as a fellow heir of the grace of life."
1 Peter 3:7
CHALLENGE: Choose a way to show honor and respect to your spouse that is above your normal routine. It may be holding the door for him. It might be putting his clothes away for him. It may be the way you listen and speak in your communication. Show your mate that he is highly esteemed in your eyes.
RESULTS: I'm stopping and listening, really listening, not jumping ahead of him, or wandering off during his talking.

From Katylin (great idea Katylin), at the great adventure, who hosts MY HUSBAND ROCKS! Katylyn:
~ONE~
List at least one thing your husband did or said in the past week that reminded you why you love him.
He gently tended to my chihuahua Sunday night after the stray dog attack. He was so gentle with her, and with me. On Monday, he went to work late, (messing up his whole schedule) to hold my hand while my doggy died. He talked to vet (because I couldn't). He stayed in the vet's office and paid the bill and brought out her sweet body while I went to the truck (to cry), he dug the hole, but let me bury her, and he checked on me all day.
~TWO~
Share a "Generous Wife Tip"
Stop what you are doing and listen when he talks, actually look and him and give him your full attention. Thank him for what he does. Don't expect recognizion, that is not what it it about.

Join KatyLin at for more "My Husband Rocks!"

No comments: