Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Love Dare: Day 6

DAY SIX: Love is not irritable
"He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit, than he who captures a city." Proverbs 16:32
CHALLENGE: Choose today to react to tough circumstances in your marriage in loving ways instead of with irritation. Begin by making a list of areas where you need to add margin to your schedule. Then list any wrong motivations that you need to release from your life.
RESULTS: posted tomorrow:)

DAY FIVE: Love is not rude
"He who blesses his friend with a loud voice early in the morning, it will be reckoned a curse to him." (UGH!!)
Proverbs 27:14
Challenge: Ask your spouse to tell you three things that cause him to be uncomfortable or irritated with you. You must do so without attacking them or justifying your behavior. This is from their perspective only.
Results: I asked last night, and hubby just looked at me and laughed, he said 'you don't really want to know', I asked again, again I got 'you don't really want to know', so I said 'your not going to tell me?' and with a twinkle in his eye he said 'no, I'm not', so, I guess I can count that as done-whew!:)

DAY FOUR: Love is thoughtful
"How precious also are Your thoughts to me...How vast is the sum of them! If I should count them, they would outnumber the sand."
Psalms 139:17-18
Challenge: contact your spouse sometime during the day, ask if there is something you can do for them
Results: I called and asked what I could do for him, and will be making his favorite meal-meatloaf for supper, when he comes home Wednesday night (G Rated answer;)
 
Posted by Picasa





8 comments:

Julie said...

I love this!! It is fun to see what you are doing with your hubby. What a thoughtful wife. Have a great day. Julie

Unknown said...

You are awesome!!!!

FeeBeeKay said...

Just wanted to let you know I have been ready about this 'LoveDare' and I am blown away by your candour, your honesty and your faith. Your blog is a wonderful read, I am fascinated to hear how this develops!

FeeBeeKay

FeeBeeKay said...

That should have been 'reading' not 'ready' - but I would guess you already worked that out!!

GranthamLynn said...

What a great challenge. I am praying for you. Blessings,
Sherry

AP Mommy said...

I love following the results of what you're doing. I also love that your husband refused to answer - awesome. Good man! Thanks for stopping by and participating in Tipsy Tuesday. And yes it certainly does smell like bengay! bleh.

Gail said...

Good for you!

Aubrey said...

Wow. Your verses really made me stop and reflect. I asked my hubby what irritates him about me and he just came up with one (LOL for now)!
What a wonderful post!