Sunday, November 16, 2008

Son-Day: "I Know That My Redeemer Lives"...



I Know that My Redeemer Lives
By: Samuel Medley

I know that my Redeemer lives!
What comfort this sweet sentence gives!
He lives, he lives, who once was dead;
He lives, my ever living head!

He lives triumphant from the grave;
He lives eternally to save;
He lives exalted, throned above;
He lives to rule his Church in love.

He lives to grant me rich supply;
He lives to guide me with his eye;
He lives to comfort me when faint;
He lives to hear my soul’s complaint.

He lives to silence all my fears;
He lives to wipe away my tears;
He lives to calm my troubled heart;
He lives all blessings to impart.

He lives to bless me with his love;
He lives to plead for me above;
He lives my hungry soul to feed;
He lives to help in time of need.

He lives, my kind, wise, heavenly friend;
He lives and loves me to the end;
He lives, and while he lives, I’ll sing;
He lives, my Prophet, Priest, and King!

He lives and grants me daily breath;
He lives, and I shall conquer death;
He lives my mansion to prepare;
He lives to bring me safely there.

He lives, all glory to his name!
He lives, my savior, still the same;
What joy this blest assurance gives:
I know that my Redeemer lives!


Author: attr. John Hatton
Tune: Duke Street 1st Published in: 1775

Again, beautiful art work with beautiful words! Today, Father, help me focus on what I need to help Jesus make up the difference! Thank you for Jesus, Thank you for a plan that allows my growth, and my return. Help me enjoy my growth! Blessings to all, In Jesus Holy Name! Amen


PSALM 130
O Lord, hear our prayers, forgive iniquity, and redeem Israel.
A SONG OF DEGREES.
1 Out of the depths have I cried unto thee, O Lord.
2 Lord, hear my voice: let thine ears be attentive to the voice of my supplications.
3 If thou, Lord, shouldest mark iniquities, O Lord, who shall stand?
4 But there is forgiveness with thee, that thou mayest be feared.
5 I await for the Lord, my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope.
6 My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning: I say, more than they that watch for the morning.
7 Let Israel hope in the Lord: for with the Lord there is mercy, and with him is plenteous redemption.
8 And he shall redeem Israel from all his iniquities.

4 comments:

onlymehere said...

Carla, this was so moving! This is my favorite church song ever. I actually have it in my will that I'd like this sung at my funeral! How morbid is that? This was beautifully done and I thank you for sharing it. I have comment moderation on my blog now and since you asked to be included if you'd leave me your email there no one will see it but me and I'll add you to the list. This post will be up for a few days as I have most of the email addresses so you don't have to run and do it right now. Either way, I'll be back to see you from time to time. Take care friend.

Grammy said...

Wonderful. Grammy

TJ said...

I hope you had a wonderful day today! Thanks for the moving words!

Lisa said...

Oh, I Love this!
This was a good post.

Makes me think of a song I have sang as a special in church...
"HIS Eye Is On The Sparrow"
I sing because I'm happy/I sing because I'm free/I know HE watches over me/Jesus is my portion!