Sunday, November 23, 2008

Son-Day: "Every Season"


Every Season
Nichole Nordeman
Every evening sky, an invitation
To trace the patterned stars
And early in July, a celebration
For freedom that is ours
And I notice You
In children’s games
In those who watch them from the shade
Every drop of sun is full of fun and wonder
You are summer

And even when the trees have just surrendered
To the harvest time
Forfeiting their leaves in late September
And sending us inside
Still I notice You when change begins
And I am braced for colder winds
I will offer thanks for what has been and was to come
You are autumn

And everything in time and under heaven
Finally falls asleep
Wrapped in blankets white, all creation
Shivers underneath
And still I notice you
When branches crack
And in my breath on frosted glass
Even now in death, You open doors for life to enter
You are winter

And everything that’s new has bravely surfaced
Teaching us to breathe
What was frozen through is newly purposed
Turning all things green
So it is with You
And how You make me new
With every season’s change
And so it will be
As You are re-creating me
Summer, autumn, winter, spring



Breath-taking,
Simply breath-taking,
Dear Father, as I go about, open my eyes to see Your wonders, and to see Your Hand in them! Bless us all, no matter what 'season' we are in.

Thanks to all the bloggers sharing their beautiful skies!

2 comments:

Nola said...

When I saw the heading "every season" I thought you'd post the chapter in Ecclesiastes.. to every thing, there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven. I used to love it in song form, remember "turn, turn, turn"...

Grammy said...

I love you post wonderful video and poem.