Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Hardy Butterfly Bush

Moving stuff around yesterday, I found this baby growing wild, in spite of being in a tiny pot, and receiving little water. (it is laying down because it is too top heavy to stand)
 

So, to honor it, it was bumped up to a gallon pot, and watered well.
Look at this bloom!
 

Buddleia Butterfly Bush 'Pink Delight' Grows to 15' tall; Large, fragrant flower clusters attract butterflies. Bloms July-August. Attractive gray-green foliage. Ideal choice for mixed borders or perennial gardens.
{and I agree!}
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Nola said...

Does it attract a lot of butterflies? If so, I might try it next year in my "butterfly sanctuary" (aka 3x4" patch of garden).
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Grammy said...

I love the Butterfly Bush .
You can make them so Japanese like in style. They did not live long at my old home for some reason. Maybe 3 years but I loved them. Happy Thanks giving my friend.
Grammy

Anonymous said...

How wonderful! I need to get out there and cut mine back a bit. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Manuela

Rhonda said...

DO you think it'd survive in Arizona heat? Gorgeous!

Shauna said...

Hope you have a very Happy Thanksgiving :) ♥ Hugs!

Zaroga said...

I bought two of these plants this past spring. One is pink and one is white. The pink one... the leaves turned white and had very few blooms. I wonder what the problem is. The white one did well. It is my first time growing these and for their first few months I wasn't here to take care of them... I had a plant sitter. They do have beautiful blooms and attract butterflies and bees and other insects.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Zaroga