Thursday, July 23, 2009

Wedding Cake Toppers...Oh My!!!

My future daughter-in-law is planning a quick wedding (only five weeks to be exact). I love how girls have their own taste. Her style is all her own. I wanted to get a cake topper for her as a keepsake. I was able to buy my daughter's, and it was fun to be able to do.
My wedding cake topper was picked out and purchased by my mother-in-law.
We had a quick wedding (21 years ago), and she graciously did our reception.
She did the cake, the topper, the decorating, the hosting. It was lovely.
And I treasure my wedding couple.

So, I have a question.
If you could pick, or re-pick a perfect wedding cake topper what would you pick?
And what did you have on your cake?
1.

2.

This one is similar to my daughter's.
3.

4.


Loving this full skirt
5.

If I was to choose something today, it would probably be doves.
6.

Love the detail
7.

Simple and sweet
8.

This is what my daughter could have chosen, its almost what they wore.
8.

Would you go with letters?.
9.

10.

11.

12.

13.

14.

I really love this one (for myself)
15.

So pretty
16.
Clear with lighted base
17.

Love the gold edging
18.


Sweet
19.

Beautiful
20.

Simple
21.

See the bouquet he's holding?
22.

Too cute...
23.



Out of all these (and more) choices, she knew exactly what she wanted.
(I'll share that later)
Whats you style?

Happy Show and Tell Friday!!!
Show and Tell

9 comments:

i cant decide said...

Too many choices. I like the porcelain ones. The doves are nice also. I would want something classic that I could display.

Angela said...

It is a toss up between #5, 11 and 20. Can't wait to see which one she liked. My cake topper was wedding bells. Not much to choose from 17 yrs ago on a budget. I actually picked it out and paid for it too! lol

Happy VTT!
Angela

Brandi said...

I didn't have a topper or a cake to put it on, but I love the "simple and sweet" and any of the doves. They're really all so pretty though. Hmmm. . . can't wait to see what your future daughter-in-law chose! :)

Dawn said...

I bet she picked the letters, they seem to be really popular now. I would have like to have the cowboy one. Hubby wore a black hat with his white tux! But I had a plastic heart with silk flowers. I had just started crafting and did all my flowers myself ~ couldn't afford the real ones!
Dawn

Unknown said...

I didn't have a cake topper either. I couldn't choose just one, they are all so pretty.

Kathryn said...

Add me in!!
Best advice? I had a friend that would have hubby call on his way home, and everyone got excited and tided up before he came home. (Had another friend that did just the opposite-really made a difference)

Hey!
Thanks for commenting!
Love the advice, what a great idea!

All the cake toppers you have are beautiful! I had one custom made and it had my husbands AF uniform on it!

Lisa Loo said...

WOW! My daughter just got her cake designed I have no idea if we need a topper? I am such a FAIL at mother of the bride. I had a crystal replica of the LDS temple we were married in. My Mom bought it. I love these--I have no idea how you would choose!

Lisa Loo said...

Oh--and I have been out of commenting commission for awhile so I think I missed something--I didn't know there was a wedding in your future--I'll keep reading--maybe I just missed it.

Unknown said...

4 and 7 are my favorites! What a nice collection!