Thursday, February 26, 2009
7 Things Tag and Award
Zaroga of Zaroga's Nook AND Grammy's The Empty Nester awarded me the Lemonade Award, AND Linda of Seasons of Life.
I appreciate all of them for thinking of me and I appreciate their friendship.
Guess I really need it-and since I've been a little sour puss lately, I guess this is a 'gentle' reminder to suck it up, let it go, and get on with life (with a smile:)
"The Lemonade Award is for sites that show gratitude and a wonderful attitude."
Rules for the award:
1. Put the logo on your blog or post.
2. Nominate at least 10 blogs which show great Attitude and/or Gratitude!
3. Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
4. Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
5. Nominate your favorites and link to this post.
Give seven things that people may not know about you and the link of the person who tagged you.
1. My favorite number is nine.
It used to change every year with my birthday, until, at age nine, a so called friend called me on it.
I declared "nine will ALWAYS be my favorite number", and it STILL is!!
2. My first dog was named Sissy Cowbell, Sissy for short.
We got her when I was two, and she lived to be 11 yrs old, quite a member of the family.
I loved her so.
3. I love to see God in things, you just can out beauty God.
4. I have been known to make myself 'stoned' sniffing gardenia blooms (and magnolias too:).
5. Had BOTH my big toe nails removed in high school TWICE! I let them get ingrown, and the first set of re-grown nails had to be removed. Left me with ugly big toe nails, that don't like pressure, I don't recommend it.
6. I LOVE the sun, until it gets really hot, then I'm a shade dweller
(which is how I maintain my creamy whiteness:).
7. My second favorite number is 3, why you ask?
Because 3 + 3 + 3 = NINE SILLY!!!
Now tag 7 others.
If you read my blog, you are tagged:)
I so love you all:)
Let me know if you do so I can read your randomness:)
In case you were wondering, I found this online:
Pink lemonade is simply lemonade that has been dyed with pink coloring and is sometimes made sweeter. Sometimes artificial colorings are used; natural colorings can include grenadine, cherry juice, red grapefruit juice, grape juice, cranberry juice, strawberry juice, pink-fleshed Eureka lemon juice, or other juices.
The New York Times credited Henry E. "Bunk Allen" Allott as the inventor of pink lemonade in his obituary:
At 15 he ran away with a circus and obtained the lemonade concession. One day while mixing a tub of the orthodox yellow kind he dropped some red cinnamon candies in by mistake. The resulting rose-tinted mixture sold so surprisingly well that he continued to dispense his chance discovery.
However, this is disputed by historian Joe Nickell, who claims that it was Pete Conklin who first invented the drink in 1857 when he used water dyed pink from a horse rider's red tights to make his lemonade.