Friday, August 22, 2008

My Husband Rocks: Chasing Cars



I went on a trip with my family w/o hubby.
I fell into the fussing about hubby trap.
Not as bad as sometimes, but I feel bad that I did.
Its so easy to do. Not ok, I will have to apologize.

Hubby is working out of town this week. He calls everyday. He checks in on his children. He always thinks of us. We are so linked. We are so blessed. Heavenly Father bless this man of mine, and me that I may really appreciate what I have WHILE I have it!

This song makes me think of "US", I know its a Grey's Anatomy song (a show I don't watch) but I liked it before.
So I emailed it to hubby-


Watch the video above and read the lyrics-I love you, I mean it:)
Chasing Cars lyrics
We'll do it all
Everything
On our own

We don't need
Anything
Or anyone

Remember in the beginning, WE were all we needed?
If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

We would talk and talk and talk about everything, or nothing?
I don't quite know
How to say
How I feel


Those three words
I said too much
They're not enough

Just the words is not enough to relay all we are.
If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

The feelings of comfort that flood my heart when we are together.
Forget what we're told
Before we get too old
Show me a garden that's bursting into life

Right here, right now
Let's waste time
Chasing cars
Around our heads

Lets relive, lets dream.
I need your grace
To remind me
To find my own

In you I see who I CAN be.
If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

Together, WE still are all we need.
Forget what we're told
Before we get too old
Show me a garden that's bursting into life

Together, WE are blazing our future.
All that I am
All that I ever was
Is here in your perfect eyes, they're all I can see

In your beautiful green eyes I see who I want to be.
I don't know where
Confused about how as well
Just know that these things will never change for us at all

The comfort it brings to know we are forever.
If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

Together, you and I just being....


I woke up this morning to this email response:
YES I WOULD
{Of course, that's my sweetie! I love you in word, and hopefully deed}

Join KatyLin at http://capturing-today.blogspot.com for more "My Husband Rocks!"

8 comments:

Little GrumpyAngel said...

Carla, I love this song! It's on my iPod. You and your hubby are good examples to me of eternal companioship. You truly love and adore one another not just tolerate each other!

Unknown said...

Thanks for visiting my blog.

I love that song too, and is one of my most played on my ipod, but I didn't get to know it through Grey's Anatomy. The band, Snow Patrol are actually from Northern Ireland :)

Anonymous said...

Good for you! I'm an old "fuss-budget" myself. Nobody can do it like I can. So I just do it myself and seethe... And go out and sing to the plants and let it go!
Brenda

Nola said...

What an adorable photo of you and your hubby. You look like newlyweds (well, that was the last time my beloved picked me up); I had to go read your profile to see how long you had been married!

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

What a very sweet post about your Hubby! To answer your question, my daughter was wearing her father's Army PT shirt. She is not in the military, but going to school in Utah. I'm just so proud of her for learning how to fix her own car, something I've always relied on the hubby for!

Needled Mom said...

I love this post and the song. I would have never known the Grey's Anatomy connection as I have never seen the show. Glad you caught yourself before you fell into the hubby bashing that seems to be so popular these days. I know he is most appreciative too.

Darling cat clock! I had a friend who had one at one time and I always admired hers.

Lisa Loo said...

Love the picture of you and your hubby! Also love that you are human and felt like hubby bashing but cought yourself just in time and remembered what matters!

Eve said...

I read somewhere, that the best gift and the best lesson you can teach your children is for the parents to love and care for each other. You have given you Son a great gift.