Thursday, August 14, 2008

The garden tour (or meet my babies): Secret Garden pt 3

Ok, this is the right side of the Secret garden...
Photobucket
It is where I hold all my plants that are still in pots waiting to be planted. Right to left: Silver King Euonymus), Red bud, Dwf Katie, Dwf var Abelia.
The table behind these is full of houseplants, and under it are shade plants in pots.
houseplants 07/08
The house plants are doing well here-you can see some that were on the porch and sun burnt or bleached. They are re-cooping nicely. Below, some plants or blooms are:

Stella Daylily

Ballerina Rose

Banana, Sour Orange, Lemon

Begonia, Fuzzy Jew

White Arrowhead Pothos

various Moses in Cradles





Loosestrife

Peppercorn vine

? Daylily

Cockscomb

Goldenbells

Obedient Plant
Some pots line the edge of concrete blocks-inside is lined with tarps to hold the water-one end is solid, the other is holey for those that like drainage.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Right to left: ginko tree, var toadlily, coral berry, var dwf gardenia, mex petunia
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Obedient plant, dragon wing fleece flower, little ground cover
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Ajuga, squash
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Balsam impatint, potatos, colous
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Tomatoes are in pots behind this first row
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Hyssop, marjarom, st johns wort
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Mexican Mint Marigold
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Wildflowers (weeds I like:), rainlilys
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


At the end is a Misty rose bush with wild blue blooming jew
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Lets look back at the mess, I mean jungle:)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Ok, I don't know about you, but I'm hot and tired, lets go inside where its cool! Thanks for joining me!

1 comment:

Nola said...

When I read about your sunburned plants, I almost knew you were in Texas! I'm in north central Tx, and I can't find enough shade this time of the year for my poor plants! I love that you have lots of plants in containers; ez to move around. Do you have to move them in for winter? I do, and that's a whole other problem. I guess that's why gardening is so much fun, all the challenges. Anyway, thanks for the photos!