Friday, March 12, 2010

Strawberry Tower

Last Saturday was SO nice outside, potting up this strawberry tower is just what I needed. (Tomorrow is supposed to be just as nice out too! I'm very excited:)

My ever bearing strawberries have been in this white pot for years. It is low on dirt, root bound, low on nutrition. They are VERY healthy and do produce, but not much.

So, because I love hubby so much (who loves strawberries), I bought this Topsy Turvy Strawberry Planter. It has room for 15 plants.
Potting it up was super easy, I will be adding 4 June bearing strawberry plants (June bearing produce all at once, ever bearing produce sporadically, but never as much as the June bearing do).

It is too heavy to hang, so I'm going to try it as just a tower.

Looks like a red fire hydrant to me.
(hopefully no poochies think the same way;)


Uno approves.


~This message has been approved by the Queen~

All Hail Queen Uno

*Long live the Queen*



Fertilizer Friday

7 comments:

Boo-Bah AKA Iris said...

All you need now is some short cake and whipped cream. :.)

Iris
ps
I love the song. I hadn't heard it in a long time.

Maureen said...

Haha! It could be mistaken for a fire hydrant!

p.s. Love your new puppy!

Debbie said...

Good luck with your tower. We did tomatoes last year and while keeping them with enough water was at times hard we sure had some nice fruit from it.

Debbie said...

Good luck with your tower. We did tomatoes last year and while keeping them with enough water was at times hard we sure had some nice fruit from it.

Puss-in-Boots said...

Hi Carla, thank you for visiting and leaving a comment.

I adore strawberries and we have them most of the year here, although at the moment the prices are going up as they become more scarce. Good luck with your new planter.

As for Bella, the secretary cat, she does not like having her photo taken. She either looks away, turns her back or just walks off. Charming!

As for your Queen Uno, she is just beautiful!

Tootsie said...

this is a great idea...I can't wait to see more! have a great weekend

Cindy said...

Love strawberries, too! I've been wanting to try the Topsy Turvy thing, too.