Thursday, October 9, 2008

Laredo Birthday Boy!

I mean MAN!!




HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKEY BABY!!!!!
My Sweet Step-son Michael, turned 20 years old on September 22, 2008

He is Autumn. All orange and cozy. I met Mike in 1991, he came to live with us in 1994, and truly blessed my life daily. I am amazed at what an incredible boy he was, and what a wonderful man he is. I love you Mikey!!! For all you are, and all you will be!
He said he wanted to eat at his favorite Mexican Food Restaurant.
(we were ALL up for that:) Smile, Mikey, this is going on the blog!

There were chips and salsa, and of course yummy cheese dip.

Then the Laredo we had come for! (makes me think of a John Wayne movie), looks good doesn't it? (The platter AND the man!)

Thank you, Mike for sharing your birthday, and your life with us! Dad, Grandma, Uncle Brent, and I so much enjoyed celebrating with you!
Thanks for being our goof ball,

for your kindness, always thinking of others first, for the fine example you are to me, for the handsome man you have become! I am blessed to know you! Thank you for being a part of my life!!! And the world is a better place with you in it! Stay strong, stay focused!

I LOVE MY MIKEY!

And for the Birthday Boy's Step-mom, and Step-Grandma, yummy pecan praline, mmmmmm!

7 comments:

onlymehere said...

It truly does look like he had a great birthday. You're so lucky to have step-children you love so much and they're lucky to have you! That praline looks too yummy!

Nola said...

Happy Birthday Mikey! Looks like you guys had a great time. Of course, Mexican food is my all time favorite; whenever we go out, if anyone asks what I'm hungry for, it's ALWAYS: Mexican Food! God bless Texas, cause we got lotsa goo Mx food!

Grammy said...

Thank you for your prayers and support. We are both home to day and all is on the road to getting better. Happy birthday to MIKEY. Looks like a great meal and lot's of love. You are blessed.

Unknown said...

Carla, love to read all about your family....A very happy b'day to Mikey from me too!

Lisa Loo said...

I love learning more about you and your family! That is so wonderful that you have had such a great relationship with him. Looks like the party was lots of fun--hope he has a happy year!

Rhonda said...

wow, lots of bdays around your place lately, huh?! happy bday Mikey!

MMm MMM love me some mexican food!

GranthamLynn said...

What a sweet post. Wow your sure having lots of birthdays. Your blessed to have wonderful children.
BTW I got tagged today and guess what now you are! Come over and see what is going on!
And thanks so much for your prayers for tonight.
It was a great evening. I managed to get two new mentors there and got them assigned to two girls and they hit it off. It was a Blessing to see it. Thanks for your prayers.
Sherry