Thursday, September 18, 2008

Papa's gonna buy me a....

Mockingbird...

I really like this version of the song.

You can find out what your state bird is here. Mine comes with a neat song.
I may have to go back and check out the others too!

OFFICIAL STATE BIRDS & FOWL (ALL)

Other states (Florida, Mississippi, Tennessee, Arkansas) 'share' our mockingbird-but in true Texas attitude, we DON'T share with other states-Check out Texas to see what I mean!
{website from Eve's blog http://oursquarefootgarden.blogspot.com/ THANKS EVE!!!}

7 comments:

Lisa Loo said...

I noticed the squarefoot garden at the bottom--don't you love his ideas and products??!!

Nola said...

I love the song, the bird, and the state!
Mockingbirds are so clever, and so much fun to watch!

DP Nguyen said...

Mockingbirds are all very pretty and cool. I am sure every state's mockingbird is a little different in its attitude!

Rhonda said...

You have a new award! Come to pick it up at my blog.

Anonymous said...

What a great version of that old classic song. I already know that my state bird is the Cardinal.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know we had state game bird and a state bird. I wish it was the Cardinal - they're so pretty!

Manuela

SAH in Suburbia said...

Great song - love it! I think I heard Toby Keith sing this too with his daughter. Check out this link (don't know how to embed it in a comment....)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhHJK0tDs6E